Cyber Security 101 for Businesses in 2022
Cyberattacks are a major problem to organizations, costing the global economy around $6 trillion by the end of 2021. At least 60% of the world’s companies have experienced some form of cyberattack. Ransomware is the most severe and major type of cyberattacks, and has affected businesses of all sizes in all sectors. In 2020, global ransomware attacks incidents increased by 150%, with the extortion amounts doubling. With that in mind, cyber security should be a priority for any business.
How to Minimize Chances of a Cyber Attack
Basic Cyber Security Tips for 2022
Cyber security is the application of cyber security technology and best practices to protect systems, networks devices, and data from cyber-attacks. The goal is to reduce the risk of cyber-attacks, and protect against unauthorized exploitation of systems, networks, and technology.
When you understand your risk, it is easier to set mitigation that does not require a large number of resources. Companies need to identify their external attack surfaces, such as a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
Set up two-factor authentication to enhance more security. Weak passwords allow easy hacking. Make it mandatory that to access any data, an additional password is required. It can be in the form of a password or an authentication code.
Educate Your Employees about Phishing
Phishing occurs when hackers pose as a trusted figure that uses carefully crafty emails, voicemails, or even messages to trick an insider. The goal is to get an unsuspecting insider to visit a malicious website, download a corrupt file, or give out a password. They then use that information to gain access to your business’s data systems. The best way to deal with phishing attacks is to raise employees’ awareness, and isolate IT internal networks. You should also carry out regular phishing attack drills, to identify weak points in your systems. Once you do, fix the vulnerabilities, by training the affected employees, or installing new secure IT systems.
Use Zero-Trust Network Access
You have to separate application access from network access. Do not trust anyone whether inside or outside the network until they prove otherwise. Authenticate outbound and inbound connections to ensure that unauthorized users cannot access the network.
Data Privacy and Third Party as Disciplines
This is supply chain risk management. You must secure data supplied by creating a secure link between you and any party you work with. The data you handle must be securely be transmitted to you, at all time Avoid using the same vendor offering network, addressing cyber-attack threats, and at the same time addressing the same problem. To avoid conflict of interest, you should have three teams/providers for your in-house IT infrastructure. That is an IT equipment supplier, cyber security auditor, and cyber security solutions provider.
Consider Managed IT Services
Advanced threats are rising every day as cyber technology advances. To focus on your core business, you can seek service providers for services such as network monitoring, Cyber threat prevention, and cyber security education.
Conclusion - Cyber Security Tips
Overall, following the latest cyber security tips and trends can help you mitigate cyber-attacks. And the best way to do that is to have a cyber security expert to guide you on how to go about it.
Check out our useful articles:
- How to Merge PDF Online
- How to Split PDF Online
- How to Convert PDF to Image Online
- How to Convert PDF to Text Online
- How to Convert PDF to JSON Online
- How to Convert Image to Text Online
- How to Convert Image to PDF Online
- How to Protect PDF Online
- How to Sign and Fill PDF Online
- How to Become a Minimalist Remote Worker
- How to Protect Your Business from Cyber Attacks in 2022
- How to Extract Pages from PDF
- How to Separate Pages from PDF
- TOP-10 Virtual Classroom Tools in 2022
- Ways to Secure Your PDF File
- Cyber Security 101 for Businesses in 2022
- Improve Your Daily Work Productivity
- How to Lead Your Team in Times of Crisis
- Optimize Your Website for SEO
- TOP-11 Businesses that Switched to Remote Work in 2022
- What is PDF and PDF/A
- Beginner’s Guide to Office to PDF
- How to Convert JPEG Format to PDF using PDFlite.co
- PDFlite.co Can be Used as Desktop Apps
- Must-Have PDF Tools for Professionals
- OCR Explained, Why You Need it
- TOP-10 PDF Tools for Remote Workers
- How to Add Page Numbers to PDF using PDFlite.co
- How to Split PDF to Single Pages using PDFlite.co
- TOP-10 PDF Tools for Students
- How to Go Paperless in 2022
- Why Sign with Digital Signature
- TOP-10 Time-Saving Tips for a Productive Day
- How to Hire Generation Z
- How to Onboard Someone Remotely in 5 Steps
- 1040 Schedule C - How the IRS Works for Small Businesses