Since PDF’s creation, it has slowly become an essential type of file. Most professionals and regular users prefer to use PDF due to its advantages. This preference is due to its numerous advantages. In general, the PDF file is ideal for storing, sharing, and viewing documents. However, most people create documents in other file formats. In particular, Office documents are made as Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, or Word documents. Therefore, you will need to convert these files to PDF if you intend to use them as such. In most cases, you can use different applications for these conversions. Equally, you can use Office applications to convert documents to PDF. Once converted, you can use a PDF file to fill out and sign forms or other documents.
Convert From Word Document to PDF
You can convert a Word document to PDF using two options. For each option, the file must be opened using the Word application. The first process is described below.
- Click the file option.
- Navigate and select the “Save as Option.” The save as menu will appear.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the file format you wish to save as.
- Select PDF export format to save the document as a PDF file.
The second process for conversion from document to PDF is described below. For this option, you get to email the PDF to another user.
- Click the file option.
- Navigate to share and select “Send PDF.”
Convert From Excel Spreadsheet to PDF
You can convert an Excel Spreadsheet file to PDF using the Excel application. This application is part of the Office software. So, you can use two options to do this. However, you will need to open the spreadsheet file on the Excel application. The first option is discussed below.
- Select the file option
- Find and click on the "Save as Option." Doing this will open the "save as" option.
- Select the file format using the drop-down option.
- You will need to click the PDF export format to save the document as a PDF file.
Similarly, you can convert from an Excel spreadsheet file to a PDF document using the process below. However, the converted document is directly included in an email draft.
- Select the file option.
- Select “Send PDF,” which is under the share option.
Convert From PowerPoint Presentation to PDF
Converting a PowerPoint presentation document into a PDF file is easy. It follows a similar path as Word document and Excel spreadsheet conversions. To begin the process, you will need to have the PowerPoint application running and the file opened. From there, you can perform the conversion to PDF using two options. In the first option, you will need to do the following.
- Click the file menu and select the “Save as” option
- From the save as option, select export as PDF from the drop-down menu.
- Saving the file automatically generates a PDF file.
Alternatively, you can export the file as a PDF via email.
- Click the file option and select "Send PDF," which is found under the share option. Doing this will automatically convert and upload the PDF in an email draft.
Check out our useful articles:
- How to Merge PDF Online
- How to Split PDF Online
- How to Convert PDF to Image Online
- How to Convert PDF to Text Online
- How to Convert PDF to JSON Online
- How to Convert Image to Text Online
- How to Convert Image to PDF Online
- How to Protect PDF Online
- How to Sign and Fill PDF Online
- How to Become a Minimalist Remote Worker
- How to Protect Your Business from Cyber Attacks in 2022
- How to Extract Pages from PDF
- How to Separate Pages from PDF
- TOP-10 Virtual Classroom Tools in 2022
- Ways to Secure Your PDF File
- Cyber Security 101 for Businesses in 2022
- Improve Your Daily Work Productivity
- How to Lead Your Team in Times of Crisis
- Optimize Your Website for SEO
- TOP-11 Businesses that Switched to Remote Work in 2022
- What is PDF and PDF/A
- Beginner’s Guide to Office to PDF
- How to Convert JPEG Format to PDF using PDFlite.co
- PDFlite.co Can be Used as Desktop Apps
- Must-Have PDF Tools for Professionals
- OCR Explained, Why You Need it
- TOP-10 PDF Tools for Remote Workers
- How to Add Page Numbers to PDF using PDFlite.co
- How to Split PDF to Single Pages using PDFlite.co
- TOP-10 PDF Tools for Students
- How to Go Paperless in 2022
- Why Sign with Digital Signature
- TOP-10 Time-Saving Tips for a Productive Day
- How to Hire Generation Z
- How to Onboard Someone Remotely in 5 Steps
- 1040 Schedule C - How the IRS Works for Small Businesses