As a team leader, you play an important role in guiding and making important decisions for the team. In that regard, the performance of the team highly depends on your leadership skills, especially in times of major disasters. Depending on how you lead, those you lead can perceive you as authoritative, manipulative, or attractive. If you want to be a good leader, then you should adopt the following qualities.
Top Leadership Strategies to Navigate Hard Times
Make a Plan
A plan keeps employees focused on top priorities, and fights the fear of uncertainty. It can help you to identify and minimize threats, and improve your responses to the same issues over time. Planning also helps you adjust within the shortest time possible, whenever things do not go as per the initial plan.
Lead by Example
Lead from the front by applying your problem-solving skills, instead of giving instructions only. You can also inspire your team members by helping them to brainstorm solutions. Overall, your team members must see, hear and feel your leadership skills.
As a leader, you must believe in yourself. You must know your strengths and weaknesses, and be transparent as much as possible. To do that, you should share what you know, and admit what you do not know. In doing so, you should be confident enough to let your team members apply their expertise and get credit for it.
Lead with Integrity
As a team leader, you must have strong moral values, in line with the organization’s values and principles. Honesty and transparency are virtues a leader with integrity must-have. This will allow the most productive workers to identify with you either when starting a business or a nonprofit organization.
Practice Proper Communication
Communicating effectively can save time by getting work done efficiently. You must do a follow-up and get back to people to answer their questions. Keep your team updated on new information, even if it is bad news, and update them on the progress you are making during a crisis. You also have to recognize the team’s achievements and reward them if possible.
Surround Yourself with Competent People
In a time of crisis, as a team leader, you must have competent people to get through a storm. Sometimes, you may have to make the hard decision of eliminating incompetent people to “save the ship from sinking”.
True loyalty means standing up for team members in crisis and conflict. You must learn to care for people. A team leader understands his team members. Team members are the greatest asset to the growth of an organization. The well-being of the team players determines the success of an organization.
Accepting outcomes whether positive or negative is another quality of a good leader. And just as you would take leadership credit for the good results, you should stand up for the bad outcomes as well. You can then make an effort for the team to learn new skills to achieve the desired results.
Love to Learn, Grow, Expand
As a good leader, you must desire to learn more each day, by interacting with team members. Learn to lean on experts to help you make better decisions. You can do that by shining light on issues that you are not in your area of expertise. Moreover, people with contrary opinions can help you in decision-making because they are good at identifying weak points.
Check out our useful articles:
- How to Merge PDF Online
- How to Split PDF Online
- How to Convert PDF to Image Online
- How to Convert PDF to Text Online
- How to Convert PDF to JSON Online
- How to Convert Image to Text Online
- How to Convert Image to PDF Online
- How to Protect PDF Online
- How to Sign and Fill PDF Online
- How to Become a Minimalist Remote Worker
- How to Protect Your Business from Cyber Attacks in 2022
- How to Extract Pages from PDF
- How to Separate Pages from PDF
- TOP-10 Virtual Classroom Tools in 2022
- Ways to Secure Your PDF File
- Cyber Security 101 for Businesses in 2022
- Improve Your Daily Work Productivity
- How to Lead Your Team in Times of Crisis
- Optimize Your Website for SEO
- TOP-11 Businesses that Switched to Remote Work in 2022
- What is PDF and PDF/A
- Beginner’s Guide to Office to PDF
- How to Convert JPEG Format to PDF using PDFlite.co
- PDFlite.co Can be Used as Desktop Apps
- Must-Have PDF Tools for Professionals
- OCR Explained, Why You Need it
- TOP-10 PDF Tools for Remote Workers
- How to Add Page Numbers to PDF using PDFlite.co
- How to Split PDF to Single Pages using PDFlite.co
- TOP-10 PDF Tools for Students
- How to Go Paperless in 2022
- Why Sign with Digital Signature
- TOP-10 Time-Saving Tips for a Productive Day
- How to Hire Generation Z
- How to Onboard Someone Remotely in 5 Steps
- 1040 Schedule C - How the IRS Works for Small Businesses