Every person who earns a living in the United States must pay their taxes. This payment includes both citizens and noncitizens. Americans with permanent residency need only their Social Security Number (SSN). However, those who cannot get an SSN require another form of identification. This identification is called the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). People who require an ITIN need to file a W-7 form IRS. They need to attach the relevant attachments before mailing the form to the W-7 form mailing address. Similarly, an individual can file this form at any IRS assistance center within the country. On the other hand, some people prefer to work with an agent when filling their ITIN form W-7. An applicant usually gets their ITIN within 7 weeks. However, this period can extend to about 11 weeks if the filing is done within tax season.
What to Include on an IRS W-7 Application
From the IRS W-7 instructions, it is clear that a person must provide some information. They must also include other relevant documents like passports and means of identification when processing a W-7 ITIN application. The passport should capture the entry date of the applicant into the country. Other requirements that accompany a W-7 tax form include the following.
- An applicant must clearly state where they are from on the W-7 application form. Likewise, they must include information about their dependency, residency in America, and if they are from Canada or Mexico.
- All documents attached must be original. Alternatively, a person must present a document certified by the relevant authority that regulates its issue.
- All attachments of W-7form must be valid and not expired.
- At least a single attachment should contain the photo of the applicant. However, an exception is made if they are under 18, a student, or an under 14 dependents.
- An applicate under 18 without a passport must attach a birth certificate.
- In general, applicants under 18 may be required to provide a medical record, school record, bank statement, utility bill, and proof of address.
An applicant can find more information by checking the W-7 form instructions on the IRS online platform. It is also good to find a W-7 form sample before filling the form.
Completing ITIN W-7
IRS W-7 form PDF is readily available on the internet. A person can find it under the tax return menu of the IRS website. The W-7 form online submission can be directly filed and reported on the internet. Below are some information required on an IRS form W-7 pdf.
- Full name;
- Applicant’s address;
- Applicant’s foreign address;
- Birth information;
- Other relevant information;
- Signature of the applicant and that of an agent if applicable.
A quick search engine search can provide a person with more information about the IRS form W-7 instructions. Similarly, it is helpful to find a sample filled W-7 form to work with. This type of document makes the filing process easy for individuals without any experience. Applicants can sometimes get a sample from the IRS website as well.
Please check other IRS forms: